A newborn baby is very sensitive and very delicate and you should pay extra attention to your little ones. On top of it all, you need to be very observant and extra careful of your baby’s health. This would include enough sleep, proper food/milk and your baby’s skin care.
Babies’ skin is so smooth, silky and soft yet so very delicate. A healthy baby skin plays a very important role to your baby’s overall health. But how can you protect this skin from all the harmful chemicals, irritants that come with baby cosmetics in the market? You should be very extra careful and be very resourceful to be able to find the right products for your little ones.
Mothers often choose all-natural baby products for their newborn. Some baby products though are very tricky; they sometimes go into false advertisements only to sell their products. You should not be blinded by the cute and cuddly packaging. Be on the lookout for ingredients incorporated in your baby cosmetics as it may cause irritation to your baby’s skin.
One of the main ingredients is perfume. Creams, body wash, shampoo, soap, lotions and even laundry detergents claim to have ‘fresh baby scent’. But where does this scent come from? Of course, they would come from man-made artificial fragrances. These artificial fragrances most often cause irritation to your baby’s skin.
Second main ingredient is dye. You should not expose products with ingredients like this only for them to develop a reaction to these products at such a young age. Studies also show that babies’ skin are very permeable, which means anything that would come in contact with your baby’s skin can be absorbed by the skin itself. It has also been proven that artificial dyes may cause behavioral problems to young children.
Other ingredients which may cause irritation to your baby’s skin are: citrus juices, menthol and peppermint. These ingredients are usually present in essential oils thus you should be very aware of the presence of these ingredients in your baby products.
Here are some useful tips to be able to choose the best baby products for your little ones:
1. Read and understand labels on baby products. Avoid products which have ingredients that you are not familiar with, and can’t even pronounce the name. Choose food-based ingredients like, coconut palm, olive oil and vegetable glycerin.
2. Be very simple on your baby’s skin regimen for his first six months. A newborn baby does not need his hair shampooed every day. He does not even need perfumes and fragrances.
3. Choose certified organic products with seals from proper authorities.
4. Always do spot testing of new products. Apply a small amount of the product on your baby’s arm and monitor for 24 hours. Should there be no appearance of rashes, or any kind of irregularity on your baby’s skin, that product would be good to go.
5. Avoid using unnecessary products which may cause irritation, hormonal imbalance or any harmful effect on your baby’s health. Choose organic cotton or natural fibers for your baby’s clothing and beddings.
Julia Elorriaga LastSkinCare.com
For more information about Skin Care visit Skin Care – LastSkinCare.com